With the help of the American Cancer Society and Sagicor Life Inc. HCC lead a series of regional cervical cancer advocacy initiatives to raise the profile of Cervical Cancer and it’s prevention, including:
- hosting a Civil Society Cervical Cancer Advocacy Capacity Building Workshop in March 2013. Read more;
- developing tools Advocacy Handbook & Planning Tool for Civil Society and Social Media How-to-Guide for Civil Society;
- collaborating with PAHO to collect data for a Caribbean Cervical Cancer Situation Assessment, read the report here;
- supporting regional advocacy at the individual and organisational level through the Caribbean Cervical Cancer Electronic Petition (CCCEP) demanding increased Caribbean women’s access to affordable Cervical Cancer screening. Read more;
- supporting civil society in the development and implementation of cervical cancer advocacy initiatives using tools developed through participatory approaches;
- establishment of a platform for collective Caribbean Cervical Cancer Advocacy – The Caribbean Cancer Alliance;
- See the American Cancer Society Meet the Targets Grantee Report which provides a snapshot of the successes of all grantees including the HCC. Funds from the American Cancer Society through the Meet the Targets Grant (provided in 2012) were used to develop the regional civil society cervical cancer advocacy plan that informed the regional initiative and led to the activities above and HCC’s regional cervical cancer programme.