Exploring The Pursuit of Effective Public Health Policies Through A Trade Lens, the third webinar in the HCC Childhood Obesity Prevention Webinar Series, a series that consists of webinars intended to build the capacity of civil society organisations (CSO’s) and other key stakeholders advocating for and implementing childhood obesity prevention policies in the region.
On Thursday, January 30th 2020, the Healthy Caribbean Coalition, with the support of the UWI Open Campus and Sagicor, will continue its successful childhood obesity webinar series in support of the of the Civil Society Action Plan 2017-2021: Preventing Childhood Obesity in the Caribbean.
The presenter of this webinar will be Mrs. Nicole Foster, HCC Policy Advisor, Attorney-At-Law, Deputy Dean, Faculty of Law, University of the West Indies Cave Hill.
The objective of this webinar is to sensitise public health policy makers to the relevance and implications of international trade rules for formulation and implementation of public health policy at the national level.
Exploring The Pursuit of Effective Public Health Policies Through A Trade Lens Webinar:
- Explores the flexibilities built into the multilateral trading system to allow states to pursue their public health goals as well as lessons learnt for public health policy making from the WTO tobacco plain packaging case.
- Comments on the importance of health policy coherence at the multilateral level and strategies to improve this coherence.
- Introduction – Sir Trevor Hassell, HCC President
- The Public Health Exception in International Trade Law
- The WTO Tobacco Plain Packaging Dispute: Lessons Learnt for Health Policy Making
- Health policy at the Multilateral Level: The Need for Policy Coherence
- Moderated Q&A
Exploring The Pursuit of Effective Public Health Policies Through A Trade Lens: Webinar Registration
Date: Thursday, January 30th, 2020
Location: UWI OC Platform Blackboard Collaborate
Speaker: Mrs. Nicole Foster, HCC Policy Advisor, Attorney-At-Law, Deputy Dean, Faculty of Law, University of the West Indies Cave Hill
Time: 10:00 – 11:15 a.m. E.S.T.
On completion of registration a link for the webinar will be sent to you approximately 24 hours before the start of the webinar.
Other webinars in this series include:
- Childhood Obesity: Time for a New Narrative
- Pushing and Pulling: The Caribbean Experience Moving Towards Front-Of-Package Nutrition Labels
All webinars are facilitated by UWI Open Campus using Blackboard Collaborate.
If you have any questions or for more information, contact email@example.com.