Under the banner of ‘End Cervical Cancer Now‘, the CCCEP campaign was created to raise awareness of cervical cancer, the HPV vaccination and to lobby the heads of Caribbean Governments to ‘Increase Caribbean women’s access to affordable Cervical Cancer screening‘
It ran from June 2013 until January 2015 gathering 18,558 signatures from across the region and beyond.
To see the final data infographic click here.
The campaign higlighted the following facts:
- Every year, approximately 31,700 women in Latin America and the Caribbean die from cervical cancer
- The Caribbean is among the top four highest sub-regions in the world with respect to incidence of cervical cancer and has the highest burden of HPV (human papilloma virus) in the Americas
- Cervical cancer is the second leading cause of cancer related deaths among Caribbean women
- More than 95% of cases of cervical cancer can be prevented
In addition to the core support from the general population the signatures included politicians & celebrities.
Cancer organisations tramadol overnight cod across the region campaigned relentlessly to collect signatures for the e-petition.
Related media coverage:
- Cancer E-petition is launched
- Cancer Societies Launch E Petition To End Cervical Cancer
- Mrs. Kim Simplis Barrow supports E-Petition to end Cervical Cancer
- Cervical Cancer Campaign Needs Your Imprint
- The cancer that can be prevented
- Mrs. Kim Simplis Barrow supports E-Petition to end Cervical Cancer – The Guardian, Belize
- The Caribbean Cervical Cancer E-Petition is featured in the NCD Child Issues Paper: Young People, Harnessing the Culture of Technology
- Cayman Islands Cancer Society launches cervical cancer e-petition
Trinidad and Tobago West Indies cricket star Dwayne Bravo supports the petition – West Indies ODI captain Dwayne Bravo took time out of his busy schedule to pledge his support for the End Cervical Cancer Now e-petition. He asks that the people of the Caribbean mirror the great support of West Indies cricket in support of the e-petition see the video here.