The Caribbean was represented by many member states including: Antigua & Barbuda, Barbados, Grenada, Jamaica, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Vincent & the Grenadines and Suriname. Executive Director of the Caribbean Pubilc Health Agency was also at the WHA. Representatives shared their perspectives on the WHA and NCDs with the Healthy Caribbean Coalition.
Taking part were:
- Hon. Minister of Health & Environment, Molwyn Joseph, Antigua & Barbuda
- Hon. Minister of Health Grenada, Nikolas Steele, Vice Chair for Committee A, WHA
- Hon. Minister of Health St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Luke Browne
- Hon. Minister of Health St. Kitts & Nevis, Wendy Phipps
- Hon. Minister of Health Barbados, John Boyce
- Executive Director of CARPHA Dr. James Hospedales
- Michael Coombs, Regional Technical Director at the Jamaica Ministry of Health
- Dr Kevin Harvey Permanent Secretary for Health Jamaica
See more on the 69th World Health Assembly here.
Photo highlights from the World Health Assembly here.