Tobacco Advocacy Resources for Youth
Free Training Courses
CDC Best Practices Guide for Youth Engagement
- This document provides information for program managers on the best practices for engaging youth as a part of a comprehensive tobacco control program.
- It addresses several tobacco control focus areas including coalitions, youth engagement, pricing policies, policy advocacy, and health equity.
Tobacco Free Kids Advocacy Action Guide
- This guide provides an overview of a policy advocacy campaign and helps advocates identify clear policies objectives.
Tobacco Free Kids Public Health Media Advocacy Action Guide
- This guide is intended to help advocates and civil society organization plan and conduct effective media advocacy campaigns.
CDC- Electronic Cigarettes Overview
- This website contains fact sheets about electronic cigarette smoking and the related health risks
Smokefree.gov & Smokefreeteen
- This resource offers free tools to help individuals quit smoking, with specific sections for teens and women.
Youth Advocates Against Tobacco
Rising in their power: A showcase of young leaders changing policies around the globe.
Watch Caribbean Youth Advocates Danielle Walwyn and Pierre Cooke Jr. along with others discuss advocating for healthy food policies and tobacco control.
Fighting for Change: 2021 Youth Advocates of the Year Awards
Information correct as at December 2021